Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mechanical Pencils

As you all know the ban on mechanical pencils was effectively implemented on the 23rd of August. This ban is to ensure the safety of all SSP students. Although the ban has been implemented, many of our students are still bringing them. I personally have encountered such items this week and many were confiscated. I now wish to highlight the pros and cons of using mechanical pencils:
Pros
  • Writing is easier and sharpening is reduced.
  • Mechanical pencils can last longer.
  • Writing is easier for those who are used to mechanical pencils
Cons
  • More costly.
  • Mechanical pencil lead can be dangerous.
  • Not environmental friendly
Based on these reasons, I'm sure you all know what you are supposed to do. I hope that everyone would adhere to the rules to ensure everyone's safety.

4 comments:

  1. this is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the school is trying to ensure our safety, but even I am protesting against this rule because:-

    a)I have been writing with mechanical pencil for 5 years now and its very hard to adjust to 2B pencils again

    b)The prefects are confiscating the mechanical pencils and they aren't cheap! (RM5-RM15)!!!

    c)2B pencils need to be sharpened and they finish very fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes I didn't know this, I must check if Khalif and Rashin are still using them...

    ReplyDelete